[tomoyo-users-en 557] Using Tomoyo with init scripts

Back to archive index
Mark lists****@inter*****
Sun Aug 25 00:46:35 JST 2013

Hi all,

I've been reading about, and playing with Tomoyo 2.5 on a Funtoo
hardened system that has kernel 3.2.50 with grsec. Funtoo is a Gentoo
derivative.

I have enabled a default policy with "emerge --config tomoyo-tools".
Then rebooted and now I see, for example, domains of the form:

<kernel> /etc/init.d/SCRIPTNAME

Obviously there are a lot of these so now my question is about the
learning policy (#1).

Should I, for example, set them all to 1 (learning mode), save the
policy, reboot the system, and then after a while I can update the
policy to Enforce? Should I only set this domain to 1, or should I do
this for the children as well?

I assume that this would create sane defaults that can be enforced if
the programs/daemons are called from the init scripts (which, on my
system, is how the programs should always start).

The documentation does name how to build policies for daemons, but with
the domains I mentioned I'm unsure about what is a good practice.
Comments appreciated, thank you :)

Mark