[tomoyo-users-en 500] About syscalls

Back to archive index
florian.lissandres flori****@gmail*****
Thu Jul 19 23:23:10 JST 2012

Hello.
I am studiying Tomoyo Linux 2.5 and I would like to have some
informations about what is catched and what is not.
I have compared syscalls while executing vim with strace and what is
catched by Tomoyo-queryd.

And I would like to have the confirmation that Tomoyo checks if a file
exists before to read through its policy?

Because, for exemple, with vim:

Tomoyo-queryd catch: file read /usr/share/vim/vim73/lang/fr/LC_MESSAGE/vim.mo

But strace catch, juste before:
open("/usr/share/vim/vim73/lang/fr_FR/LC_MESSAGE/vim.mo",O_RDONLY) =
-1 ENOENT (no such file or directory)

And so, Tomoyo has not catched the attempt of opening (catched by strace).

Thank you in advance and sorry for my english speaking.