[tomoyo-users-en 518] Why ERROR: Domain '</bin/id>' not ready.

Back to archive index
do1****@yande***** do1****@yande*****
Tue Dec 25 18:30:26 JST 2012

Hello,

I want to have two domains, so I add into domain_policy:

 # cat /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/domain_policy
 <kernel>
 use_profile 0
 use_group 0

 </bin/id>
 use_profile 0
 use_group 0

And two rules in exception policy:

 # grep domain /sys/kernel/security/tomoyo/exception_policy
 <kernel> keep_domain any from any
 <kernel> reset_domain /bin/id from any

Now when I run /bin/id I get error:

 # /bin/id
 -bash: /bin/id: Cannot allocate memory

and error in dmesg:

 ERROR: Domain '</bin/id>' not ready.

What is the cause of this? As I guess this should be only if "profile for the domain is not defined", but it's defined in domain_policy.

When I use initialize_domain all works OK, but I want to understand what's wrong with reset_domain.

# uname -r
3.4.22

Best regards,
Don.