[tomoyo-users-en 225] Re: Tomoyo 1.7 - simple GUI for learning mode

Back to archive index
Tetsuo Handa from-****@I-lov*****
Fri Oct 22 15:43:44 JST 2010

Hello.

Radoslaw Szkodzinski wrote:

> >> But it could get the syscall itself, any security_file_stat() in there?
> >
> > There is security_inode_getattr() which can reject stat() syscall, but TOMOYO
> > is not using security_inode_getattr().

> >> And I would like it to. Could be used to hide some more information.
> >> Perhaps allow_read should also allow_stat to make it easier to use.
> >
> > Is hiding DAC's mode, filesize, owner/group etc. useful? I don't think so.
> >

> Hiding filesize can be in case of certain file-based encrypted
> filesystems... but why would another user even have such access at
> all?
>
> > If we restrict stat() operation for hiding some more information, we should
> > restrict readdir() operation as well.
>
> Hmm, yes, far less useful without that.

I added getattr() and open(O_DIRECTORY) checks (revision 4081).
I feel that the getattr() entries are noisy because files are likely fstat()ed
after open()ed. Please try. What do you think?

Regarding mprotect(), I don't include it in TOMOYO 1.8 because I have to
freeze specifications soon in order to release TOMOYO 1.8 on November 11th.