[tomoyo-users-en 85] Re: domains

Back to archive index
Toshiharu Harada harad****@gmail*****
Sat Aug 8 07:02:26 JST 2009

Hi,

2009/8/8 Brian Lewis <brian****@lorf*****>:
> I am using TOMOYO to restrict Firefox. It works well.

Thank you!

> But if I, e.g., do a soft restart of my window manager and restart
> Firefox, its domain will be different, so it won't be protected. I'd
> like to restrict it no matter how it happens to be invoked.

In TOMOYO Linux, domain (name) consists of how the process
invoked. So, the followings will be different.

<kernel> /sbin/init foo bar
<kernel> /sbin/init foo foo bar
<kernel> bar

With the keyword "initializer", you can make every process as a
single domain.

initializer bar

"Initializer"ed domain will always be under <kernel> domain.

By the way, which version are you using?
http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/index.html.en

Cheers,
Toshiharu Harada
harad****@gmail*****