[tomoyo-dev-en 177] Re: Man page authors

Back to archive index

Toshiharu Harada harad****@gmail*****
Wed Mar 30 16:21:43 JST 2011

Jamie,

2011/3/30 Jamie Nguyen <jamie �� tomoyolinux.co.uk>:
> I've updated 1.8.x man page authors (rev 4776) to include this:
>
> Main authors:
>  - Tetsuo Handa <email>
>
> Other contributers:
>  - Toshiharu Harada <email>
>    Project pages.
>  - Jamie Nguyen <email>
>   Man pages, documentation and website.
>
> Is everyone happy with this change? There are quite a lot of people on
> the developer list, but I do not know what their contributions have
> been, so please feel free to add their names to this list or change
> it.
>
> Toshiharu, I wasn't sure what to put as your contributions, so please
> feel free to change it to something more correct!
>
> Or perhaps we can remove the description of the contributions and just
> list names. Any preferences? I just wanted to make it clear that the
> _code_ comes predominantly from Tetsuo, with other contributions
> generally being in other areas. Has Toshiharu or any other developers
> also contributed code (aside from yocto with line coloring and the
> other person who did gentoo bug fix)? I want to make this authors list
> more complete.

I think there are two reasons to have names in online documentation.
Firstly, showing authors which means giving readers responsibilities and
contact methods. Secondary showing appreciations to contributors.

So I'd like to suggest that man pages and tutorials should have
names of Tetsuo and Jamie (I insist to have your name :-).
For contributions, I'd like to leave decisions to Tetsuo.
Regardless of the size and the purpose of the code, it should be
considered as contribution if Tetsuo thinks so.

Regarding myself (my name), the only place I would like to see
(or I can stand to see) is the contact page. Surprisingly, I have
seldom received messages from that page, therefore I have to
admire keeping it. ;-)

Best regards,
Toshiharu Harada
haradats �� gmail.com