Foros: ユーザフォーラム (Thread #36059)

Background video does not play (2014-10-13 19:44 by beatme #74591)

Hello,
the background video in DTXMania does not play.
The DTXMania version is 099b and 100, with default settings.
The video codec is DivX: MPEG-4 Video (DX50)
Operation System: Windows 7 64-bit

I've tried several codecs:

DivX (Player)
K-Lite Codec Pack
ffdshow (VFW enabled for DivX)
Xvid (with DivX decoding)

(All separately and some together)

Because the program VirtualDub has similar requirements (needs VFW), I'm able to make a comparison.
VirtualDub did not load the video until I used Xvid, but DTXMania still does not play the movie.

I do not know what other information I could provide.
Can anybody help me?

Regards

Responder al #74591×

You can use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Entrar

Re: Background video does not play (2014-10-13 22:03 by yyagi #74592)

Hi beatme,
To use DivX codec in DTXMania, please try this;

> ffdshow (VFW enabled for DivX)
and
Open "VFW settings", open Decoder tab, select Codec,
Choose "libavcodec" for "DivX*"

Because many current codecs doesn't support VfW by default, we need to configure to enable VFW features...

In future, I'll support MediaFoundation instead of VFW. (but I need much time to support it)
Responder al #74591

Responder al #74592×

You can use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) Entrar

Re: Background video does not play (2014-10-14 00:27 by beatme #74596)

Thanks for the quick reply.

I've tried it, but DTXMania does not show the video.

http://oi62.tinypic.com/23mwv8j.jpg
I can change DivX decoders to Xvid, but it also doesn't work.
Uninstalling Xvid doesn't help either. (Except that VirtualDub cannot open it anymore then)

Maybe libavcodec doesn't work correctly for me, and Xvid doesn't work with DTXMania?
It's so difficult to find out without any error messages.

Regards
Responder al #74592

Responder al #74596×

You can use Wiki syntax

Re: Background video does not play (2014-10-14 22:32 by yyagi #74607)

This is my sample for Rel100 (background movie). Would you test it?
tp://yyagi.com/otest.zip

And would you send me your sample dtx file failed to playback background movie?
Responder al #74596

Responder al #74607×

You can use Wiki syntax

Re: Background video does not play (2014-10-15 01:31 by beatme #74608)

Thanks for the sample.

Unfortunately, the video does not play.
Although the lanes are made transparent when playing this DTX.

The song I'm using to test is this:
tp://mediafire.com/?68jx4ocndu6bzg3
(BGM is using Ogg Vorbis)
I also included the config.ini of DTXMania100 to make sure I am not making any stupid mistakes.
Responder al #74607

Responder al #74608×

You can use Wiki syntax

Re: Background video does not play (2014-10-15 02:25 by yyagi #74609)

thanks for your sample. Fortunately I could playback your sample with video with your config.ini with Rel100.

please let me know your PC environments?
(OS, ffdshow version etc...)

I uses
Win8.1 x64
Intel internal graphics
ffdshow tryouts rev4515 May 20 0213 02:52:42 (MSVC 2010, x86, unicode, r)
(about ffdshow, I've tested latest one in 2014/July at another PC, and it works)

To check ffdshow version;
ffdshow - video decoder settings,
version info (the bottom of the left pain),

ps.
Your config.ini seems a little strange, because SoundDeviceType=1 (use asio) butASIODevice=0(your PC seems no ASIO devices). Does your PC playback sound with dtxmania correctly??
Responder al #74608

Responder al #74609×

You can use Wiki syntax

Re: Background video does not play (2014-10-15 11:01 by beatme #74611)

Intel Core i5-4690K
Intel HD Graphics 4600
RAM 8.00GB
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit (not yet activated)

ffdshow tryouts rev4533 Sep 29 2014 12:23:43 (MSVC 2010, x64, unicode, r)

Wait, you are using a 64-bit system with x86 ffdshow? Should I try that?

About ASIO, I found it strange myself, but all sounds are played correctly...
Responder al #74609

Responder al #74611×

You can use Wiki syntax

Re: Background video does not play (2014-10-15 22:07 by yyagi #74614)

Oh, you should try x86 version.
(x64 codec has many compatibility problems)
Best Answer Responder al #74611

Responder al #74614×

You can use Wiki syntax

Re: Background video does not play (2014-10-16 00:14 by beatme #74615)

Everything works with ffdshow x86.

Thanks so much for your time and help!
Responder al #74614

Responder al #74615×

You can use Wiki syntax

Re: Background video does not play (2015-04-02 07:52 by billkwando #75866)

[Reply To Message #74592]
> Hi beatme,
> To use DivX codec in DTXMania, please try this;
>
> > ffdshow (VFW enabled for DivX)
> and
> Open "VFW settings", open Decoder tab, select Codec,
> Choose "libavcodec" for "DivX*"
>
> Because many current codecs doesn't support VfW by default, we need to configure to enable VFW features...
>
> In future, I'll support MediaFoundation instead of VFW. (but I need much time to support it)

This worked for me, thank you so much!

It was hard to find this thread in Google, I guess because I was searching stuff like DTXMania DIVX AVI not working Windows 7.

This is perfect, Using the Divx 10 installed resulted only in fail, so thanks for the clear directions.
Responder al #74592

Responder al #75866×

You can use Wiki syntax